#TeachingwithTe(a)chnology - Infographics



Hello everyone!

Today we are going to share our ideas about another familiar subject, infographics. 

With the popularity of the technology, infographics also gained popularity approximately 10 years ago. Now nearly ever field benefit from the usage of infographics. 

As usual, let's start the discussion with their meaning! 
infographic 
/ˌɪnfə(ʊ)ˈɡrafɪk/
nounplural noun: infographics 
a visual representation of information or data, e.g. as a chart or diagram."a good infographic is worth a thousand words"

As I mentioned, we utilize infographics nearly all of the subjects in order to emphasize the information we're giving. I found a informative infographic about 'What is an Infographic?', please see below.


 Let's narrow our subject a little and touch on the subject of the usage of infographics in language education. As a teacher candidate, infographics and posters are my favorite things when it comes to reinforce or take attention of the learners to a subject even when it's boring or mostly theoretical. 

               

As a visual learner, I prefer to draw or look at the things while learning. And I know that there will be students like me who like to learn the things by coloring or drawing them. So, I can easily utilize by using infographics during the teaching process. 

It's nearly the end of the term... They say 'The time flies so fast without realizing...'' and it exactly happened like that. I remember the start of the term and now we're finishing it! Hence, I wanted to make an infographic about the Web 2.0 tools I mostly benefitted this term! I hope they would also help in your studies as well. I briefly mentioned about the affordances as well as constraints of them so you will have an idea about what to expect or not from the tools. 


I used Piktochart in order to create this infographic! 
*Click on my infographic to go their site!*

Do you use the tools I've mentioned? What are the affordances or constraints of them to you? 

Let me hear your comments! 

See you and take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment