#TeachingwithTe(a)chnology - Digital Storytelling

Hello all! 

Today, our topic to discuss on is 'digital storytelling'. 

When I started the spring term this year, I accidentally bought a video program at the middle of the night... Nonetheless, I am glad that it turned out handy since I'm preparing most of my assignments with it. One of them is our digital story! 

First, let's look at the definition of digital storytelling, shall we? 

digital storytelling
Digital storytelling is a short form of digital media production that allows everyday people to share aspects of their story. 

So, as you can understand from its definition, its another way of telling the stories we've! 

While mentioning the stories of us, I want to talk to you about the story of our friendship with Sıla-my deskmate, unimate, classmate, foodmate. :)  I won't be writing the details, so you should check the video below. In order to create this video, I used the program 'VivaVideo'. It is a nice tool allowing you to create videos easily! 


My friend Sıla and I talked about our friendship from different views. While doing this project we evaluated our friendship so much time. I think that was the aim of the study. And I am glad having a friend like her. -Check out her blog too!!-

So while doing this project, I realized some advantages of it. Firstly, you are collaborating with your friend most of the time. You are listening to each other and taking decisions together. You share new ideas, examine them together and ta-dah... a product born by your efforts! 


Secondly, you have to use not only one skill but more. You have to add your voice firstly and in order to understand is it usable or not you are to listen it over and over. Before all of them you should write what is going to happen and what you are going to tell... So all 4 core skills are actually playing a major role while doing this project. 




And lastly, the novelty and creativity of the project make it interesting! It motivates students to do it. We had so much fun while doing it as well as discussing what to do! 


As a teacher candidate, I definitely think about giving assignments like that to the students in order to make the learning process more interesting. It's also beneficial to increase collaboration among the students. 

What do you think about digital story telling? If you were a teacher, what projects would you give to your students by means of creating a digital story?

See you and take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment