#TeachingwithTe(a)chnology - Posters



Hello all!

Today we are going to talk about something I really like while doing it! Posters! Before this assignment, I've already done some posters for my other works. So I am really excited to prepare a poster for a movie for this assignment.

Let's start, shall we?

First things first, let's look at the meaning of the word poster.

poster
(poʊstəʳ)
A poster is a large notice or picture that you stick on a wall or board, often in order to advertise something.
Synonyms: notice, bill, announcement, advertisement

So posters are something which we humans encounter most of our lives. But, are we also realizing that they also play an important role in language education too?

Most teachers are benefiting from the posters to prepare a summary of grammar points or just emphasizing the significant vocabulary, verbs, etc. 



Thus, for us-teacher candidates, it is also important to know how to prepare posters and use them efficiently. I personally like to prepare posters via using my phone nonetheless there are some great sites which you can use in your computer either. Also not to mention doing it by hand with your students can make it fun to prepare posters too! For this project I used the program which is called Bazaart. That's my favorite program when it comes to preparing posters! 

As I've mentioned, I'd done some posters for my other works as well. Here are some of them about Gender Inequality and my favorite write Mary Shelley. 



But for my assignment, I had 2 options which were creating either a film poster or a magazine cover. So I chose to create a film poster. But it wasn't a normal film poster. We are to create a movie poster based on the book you read. I picked the book Fahrenheit 451 that I've recently read. And as a Sherlock fan, I thought Benedict Cumberbatch would be an awesome choice to play Guy Montag aka the protagonist of the story. 



Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury

Guy Montag is a fireman who burns books in a futuristic American city. In Montag’s world, firemen start fires rather than putting them out. The people in this society do not read books, enjoy nature, spend time by themselves, think independently, or have meaningful conversations. Instead, they drive very fast, watch excessive amounts of television on wall-size sets, and listen to the radio on “Seashell Radio” sets attached to their ears.



Here is the poster I've prepared!
*click the poster to see it on its original size*


As a person and a teacher candidate I really support the idea of using posters in language education. They are really beneficial for students to learn something while enjoying it. I really wish to see more teachers to use them at their classes. 

What do you think about my film poster? Let me hear your comments! 

See you and take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment