#LearningwithTe(a)chnology - Podcasting



Hello all!

As the first image suggests, we are going to discuss an experience I had with such a fun way: podcasting! 

But first, let me take a selfie- of course no let me give you some background knowledge about podcasting.
pod-cast

/ˈpɒdkɑːst/ 
n. a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.

 Here we have the idea of what is podcasting! And also fun fact podcast is a blend word which actually derived from iPod and broadcast. It's time to explain my journey of podcasting... It all started with one year ago, as far as I remember, when I was searching for something and came across with an English for beginners podcast. Yes, that was our first encounter with the concept of the podcast and honestly, I didn't pay much attention to it that time since I was considering myself as an intellectual knowing English... But thanks to our Material Design course, I had a chance to make up for that mistake and actually produce a podcast! 

We had 3 opportunities to choose a topic of a podcast and I was more interested in story-telling one since I always have some sort of curiosity on story-telling. And we did it! (actually, we produced 2 podcasts but I'll explain how it turned out like that)


The Pink Little Mirror 
by Ayşe Munise TEMEL feat. Sılanaz UÇAK 

The process was easy since I'd already a program installed on my phone so it took us roughly thirty minutes. But I can't say we didn't encounter some difficulties... It was a group work but and we couldn't decide on the narrator consistency (which I believe has a powerful effect on story flow) therefore I had to think about the possible solutions. The final idea was to produce 2 podcasts with different narrators, different back-vocals but the same story. I am really glad that we solved that problem in a way like this cause I really enjoyed while producing both of them. 

If you want to check Sıla's podcast (in which she was the narrator and I was the back vocal) please click here

I believe podcasting improves multiple skills of a learner. You've to be prepared so it enhances your writing skills. You're the one who will be voicing thus it improves your speaking skills. You should have an idea of what did others produce so you must listen to them again upgrading your listening skills. As I said, it is like killing two birds with one stone!


Do you enjoy listening to a podcast? // If you were to create a podcast, what would be the topic of it? 

See you and take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment