Technology Integration to the Field of Education // Teachnology


Hello to all again!

I hope you're doing fine and well. Because today we're going to talk about a subject which has a significance for most of us. Teaching and learning with technology! Yes, yes! 

So let's start with the meaning of technology, shall we? 


noun
The definition of technology is science or knowledge put into practical use to solve problems or invent useful tools.

  1. An example of technology is the Internet which has made up-to-date information available to anyone with access in a matter of moments and provides real time information about events around the world.


Technology is definitely widely used in lots of area but we can't deny that it's so much benefits to the area of education. Not only students but also teachers and even parents are starting to realize the effectiveness of the technological improvements in the field of education. 

I am currently a student, hence, I am going to convey my feelings and thoughts about technology use in our school. Firstly, our teachers are most likely using the miracle of PowerPoint and I can't say I am not fond of it. PowerPoints are like the savers of students since they consist lots of visual and verbal aid making the lesson much more attractive and listenable. In addition to that, as a language students, thanks to our phones we are no longer carrying the dictionaries with us which have hundreds of pages. I am thankful for the online dictionary applications since they are mobile, accessible and more fun! 

I am also currently a teacher candidate, thus, I should change the perspective a little bit. I am going to be teaching English in nearly 3 years and I can already feel the audience wouldn't be so easy in terms of they would be more familiar with technology than me. So this gives me a responsibility to learn and upgrade myself day by day. Even now, I should be planning how can I adapt technology with particular lessons to make the students feel more active in learning environment I'll create. 
Who knows what will happen to PowerPoints in the coming years but for now I am planning to use them actively like my teachers. 

I am not feeling myself at a disadvantaged position cause I also really enjoy creating things with the help of technology. It has lots of advantages! For example, I improved my speaking and writing skills with the help of creating videos for my English lessons... Not only speaking or writing but also my editing skills upgraded, either. 

Here I'll share a video which I created with my friend Reyhan Ravza Yeşiloğlu in my high school years... We were only at 10th grade (sophomore year) and thanks to our technology-lover teacher, 
we were able to taste the fun part of learning with technology! 



Edited by: Ayşe Munise TEMEL // Voiced by: Reyhan Ravza Yeşiloğlu

In those years, tasks like these weren't favored by most of the teachers, nevertheless, 
our teacher showed her difference by integrating her English lessons to teaching with technology!
I am studying at the university now but I still remember the tasks we've done in her lessons... 
Consequently, I experienced the effects of technological aids in teaching and learning by myself 
and can honestly say technology is a must in the area of education!


What do you think about technology integration to education? 
Do you have any memory of a lesson which took place with technological aids?

Thank you and take care!

1 comment: